Hi to All, Please take extra care guys wherever you are, take care of your love ones too. Especially to our friends in Singapore, more being confirmed, and are through community spread, no longer from people who travelled from China. Observe proper hygiene at all times and also monitor our little ones as they often put their hands in their mouth.
Welcome to the New and Upgraded Pinoy AU Forum! We have only updated a couple of times since 2010. Apology it took some time. Some of the features are still being migrated. Please feel free to report here or email me at [email protected] if you will encounter any issues. Thank you.



Last Active


  • rb1987

    Hi Miller115. I hope you notice my message, I am seeking guidance and help on realizing my dream to live and work in Australia. I don't know the whole process. It would be very beneficial if you can help me with this concern of mine. Appreciate your response.

    January 28
    • miller115
      Hi there, Rb1987. I am not a migration agent, and I am also doing the migration process via the Do It Yourself (DIY) route. From the pieces of information that I have gathered from many different websites/forums, you need to start with your skills assessment, as having a positive/suitable assessment in your nominated occupation will allow you to lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI).

      Just verify whether you are required to take an English test (IELTS/PTE Academic etc.) when you apply for your skills assessment. Some assessing authorities, such as AITSL, (for teachers) require potential migrants to have their IELTS Academic results, if the applicant is not a resident of the USA, the UK, Australia, NZ, etc. Other authorities, like VETASSESS, do not require such.

      Check out this link, https://www.anzscosearch.com/221111. This website will provide you with critical information regarding state/territory eligibility and the corresponding requirements required by each state for onshore/offshore applicants. Also, you may want to look at this website, https://deltaimmigration.com.au/Accountant-General/221111.htm, to find out more about the duties for your occupation.

      There is a lot of information online regarding the type of visa that you would like to apply for (189/190/491/482). In a nutshell, the process goes something like this:

      1. Apply for Skills Assessment (you may need to take an English test before or after submission; it depends on the requirement of the assessing body)
      2. Lodge EOI via Skillselect
      3. Wait for ITA (Invitation to apply for the visa) NOTE: Some states directly invite (ITA) you through Skillselect. Others, like the Northern Territory, for example, require potential migrants to submit their application to their MigrationNT portal after lodging their EOI
      4. Lodge visa [at this stage, you need to provide all pertinent documents, do your medicals, get Character reference (Police clearance)]
      5. Wait for visa grant

      If you have the time to read and if you are pretty confident that you can handle the whole process, you may want to do the whole application process by yourself. If you feel the process is too onerous for you, engaging a licensed MARA agent will prove to be wise. God bless you in your plans.
  • miller115 earned the 10 Posts badge.
    This is how you get to places. Keep up your posting.
    January 19
  • miller115 earned a promotion to Level 2.
    Level up!
    January 14

Welcome to Pinoy AU Community!

The longest running Pinoy-Australian Forum site in the history. We are connecting Pinoys "in" and "to" Australia since 2010! If you want to join in, click one of these buttons!

Members Online (19) + Guest (162)


Top Active Contributors

Top Posters