Filipinos who are currently living or working in Australia might be required to provide a clearance certificate from the National Bureau of Investigation.
An NBI clearance certificate is considered a valid form of identification and might be requested during employment applications and character assessments. There are two ways to apply for an NBI clearance while in Australia: in person or by post/mail.
The procedures of applying for an NBI clearance through mail/post are as follows:
1. Request from the Philippine Consulate/Embassy an NBI fingerprint card. Remember to provide your complete address and contact number. Requests may be sent through mail or email. You may also opt to contact them by phone. Please click on the links below for the contact details of the Philippine Consulate/Embassy offices in Australia.
- Consulate General of The Philippines in Sydney
- Consulate General of The Philippines in Adelaide
- Consulate General of The Philippines in Perth
- Philippine Embassy in Canberra
- Contact Details of Other Philippine State Offices
2. Upon receiving the form, legibly fill in the required personal information. For married women, the order of writing the name is as follows:
- maiden surname
- first or given name
- maternal surname
- your husband’s last and first name
3. Attach a copy of your latest passport-sized photograph (with white background and taken not more than three months before the NBI clearance application).Read more